We welcome your application to the Early Childhood Education Program.
When to Apply
- We currently have openings for toddler/preschool age groups (ages 24 months to 58 months) for the 2023-24 school year that begins in August. Apply as soon as possible if interested. (For infants and toddlers under 24 months, you may submit an application on an ongoing basis but we currently have a waiting list.)
- Applications are accepted year-round, with the acceptance process for fall spaces beginning in January.
- We offer spaces as they become available throughout the year, with the majority of openings occurring at the beginning of the fall semester in August.
- Applications for infants can be initiated during pregnancy.
Who Can Apply
- Our programs are open to all: UC Berkeley students, faculty and staff, as well as members of the local community who are unaffiliated with UC Berkeley.
- Children of UC Berkeley students, faculty, staff and affiliates do receive priority. Learn more about how applications are prioritized on our FAQ page.
- UC Berkeley student parents may be eligible for free or reduced-fee child care; learn more on our Student Parents page.
How to Apply
Please fill out and submit the appropriate application form:
- UC Berkeley student parents: If you are applying for free or reduced-fee care for your child, please download and fill out the Subsidized Child Care Application Form; then email to email@example.com. If you are not applying for free or reduced-fee child care, download and fill out the Non-Subsidized Application Form, and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that UC Berkeley student parents do not pay an application fee.
- All other applicants (UC Berkeley staff, faculty, visiting scholars, and all other families not associated with UC Berkeley): Please fill out the online application. Note that a non-refundable $50 application fee will be charged to all non-student applicants.
If you need a paper application, please send an email to email@example.com or call (510) 643-1482.
For More Information
Visit our FAQs page for answers to common questions about enrollment and our program.